Kyle and Dana Perino

Kyle and Dana Perino

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

When we have something profound to say, we'll say it...

The blogger phenomena has taken over. We aren't sure if it's because people find it therapeutic or if it's simply because every personal detail of our lives was meant to be shared--did God intend us to share our lives with one another in hopes that we would find healing for our brokenness? Churches around the globe are talking about "Story" and how it has a profound impact on how we relate to one another and how we live our lives based on the story we've already written and have yet to write. Needless to say, we've bought in to the trend and we're excited to share our story from here on out.


A lot has happened since Kyle and I were joined as one. We're now in the process of moving in to our first home and coming up on our one year anniversary (February 20th for those of you who'd like to contribute to my love language and send a card :-)








To add to this fleeting thought, I've been in a very contemplative mood lately. As a result, songs and poems have come about, completely inspired by the Lord at work in my messy, broken life. These pint-sized stories are in the beginning stages-bits and pieces of what I hope will someday produce a full-length album and my music career will take off full-fledge ahead...a girl can only hope. I figured this would be a good way to get those creative juices flowing again. After all, I've been out of school for over 2 years and it's been ages since I've taken a Creative Writing class. So, we'll see if this blogging adventure really improves one's vocabulary and artistic genius. I have been diving in to Joy William's blog (now one of the main singers in a band called "The Civil Wars" which has already done amazingly well in the music industry). She talks about how there is war in art and story. She blogged about how it's not the writing part that is difficult (in songwriting) but the sitting down to write part that is menacing. She labels it by a word that is fitting to this scenario: RESISTANCE.  I am hoping and praying for less resistance as I begin this journey into the blogging world and to allow myself to be free with my words, ebb and flow. I've already found it incredibly restorative and lifegiving as I hope you have too.


P.S. I'm hoping Kyle will share some of his humorous musings with you too, in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment